The National Experience Network is a free of charge collection of quality and service improvement projects, leadership and management courses, educational projects, work shadowing opportunities and much more from all kinds of organisations including representative organisations, lobbyists, charities, the private sector and, of course, National Health Service organisations.
The network is intended to provide CV-enhancing experiences to all school and health and social care university students and newly qualified health and social care professionals from across England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. We welcome opportunities from across the spectrum of health and social care providers and welcome applications from school students, university health and social care students as well as from newly qualified professionals of no more than two years standing.
Our aim is to inspire medical, nursing, allied health professional, social work and other healthcare students to take an active role in leading and managing the service in which they work, in order to improve through innovation and act through inspiration, for the benefit of patients.
Our objectives are:
- To inform, educate and inspire health and social care students to take a lead in service improvements in the health service
- To inform and educate health and social care students about the importance of the role of management and leadership in the health service
- To provide health and social care students with a knowledge and understanding of basic concepts, tools and issues surrounding leadership, management and healthcare improvement
- To provide opportunities in leadership and management to health and social care students
- To work with health and social care leaders throughout the UK to improve healthcare provision throughout the United Kingdom
- To work with school students to inspire them and assist to take up a role in the health service in the future; to serve the needs of the patients of the future
If you would like to help us achieve our aims, either through supporting us or through being a member of the coordinating committee use the contact form here in order to get in touch.
We are currently recruiting for the 2017 calander year, visit our experiences page to apply!
We aim to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours.